1. Alexander was made King of Macedon at just 20 years old.
2. He was actually afraid of beards.
3. Alexander’s army reached India but his troops refused to march on, reaching the extent of his empire.
4. He was tutored by the Greek philosopher Aristotle.
5. His horse was named Bucephalus, meaning “ox-head.”
6. The wives and children of Darius, Alexander’s most notable enemy, were spared after the Battle of Issus. Darius fled, yet Alexander chose not to harm his family as respect for royalty.
7. The siege of Tyre was conducted because the native Phoenicians chose not to let Alexander commit a sacrifice inside the city temple.
8. Alexander married a Persian even though they were his sworn enemies.
9. Alexander died of a raging fever at just age 33.
10. The Macedonian army traveled over 20,000 miles during Alexander’s reign.